Position Available - Field Coordinator
Southern Indianapolis and East Detroit Locations
Field Coordinators are responsible for recruiting, training and maintaining a seasonal merchandising program in a retail garden center environment. They are also responsible for monitoring team performance and maintaining responsibilities in the field over an assigned territory, including day to day tasks within a garden center.
Field Coordinators work independently, outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions including inclement weather. On most days they will be traveling within their assigned territory, but also will occasionally work from home. This is a seasonal, full time, salaried position, working February through October.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in hiring and replacement of seasonal merchandisers.
- Provide training and scheduling of seasonal merchandisers for maintenance and care of plant material at retail locations.
- Assign and supervise weekly tasks for seasonal merchandisers, with a focus on maximizing sales for the retailer.
- Handling the needs and concerns of each field team member, lending support where necessary.
- Evaluating performance and ensuring all seasonal merchandisers work as effectively as possible.
- Communicate delivery information to the retailer.
- Responding to daily emails, on-call tasks and executing daily tasks where needed in the garden center environment.
- Maintaining all rules and policies and ensuring their field team is accountable for them as well.
- Good leadership and communication skills and be able to work independently.
- Organized and able to work well under pressure and time constraints.
- Possess basic computer, office and math skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to kneel, bend, stand for long periods and maneuver a full flower cart (on wheels).
- Available Monday through Friday (and weekends during the peak times of the year, Mar-Jun).
- Must be 18+ years of age or older with a valid driver's license.
- Able to pass a basic background check and drug screening.
- Have reliable transportation from store to store.
- Previous management experience preferred, but not required.
- Previous nursery/horticulture education and/or retail experience preferred, but not required.