Position - Seasonal Merchandiser I
Kalamazoo Garden Solutions is seeking Seasonal Merchandisers in the the following areas:
OH - Findlay, Ottawa, Tiffin, Ontario, Mansfield, Bucyrus, Upper Sandusky, Oregon, Holland, Toledo, Port Clinton, Norwalk, Fremont, Bowling Green, Bryan, Wauseon, Defiance, Napoleon, London, Washington Court House, Athens, Mason, Cincinnati, Xenia
IN - Muncie, Anderson, Lafayette, West Lafayette, N Indy, Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Greenwood, Madison, Columbus, Aurora, Shelbyville, Corydon, Franklin, New Abany, Martinsville, Clarksville, Spencer, Scottsburg, Bloomington, N Vernon, Symore, Portage, Michigan City, Laporte, Goshen, Greenfield, Indianapolis
MI - Commerce, Belleville, Canton, Grand Blanc, Livonia, Dearborn, Taylor, Southgate, Westland, Allen Park, Lincoln Park, Woodhaven, Flat Rock
This is an hourly paid position, paying $11.25/hr.
Seasonal merchandisers are responsible for insuring that the live plant material at store entrances, sidewalks, garden center entrances, garden center patio and parking lot remain well merchandised and looking saleable. Almost all of the live plant categories will be merchandised including trees, shrubs, tropicals, indoor foliage, annuals, perennials, landscape bulbs, mums and poinsettias.
Seasonal merchandisers work independently, outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions including inclement weather. This is a full time, seasonal position, running for several months. Scheduling is flexible, and based on availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess plant quality and displays at store and garden center entrances, end caps and tables.
- Assess garden center patio, parking lot, and program carts to determine what product needs to be pulled for markdown or throw away.
- Cull, consolidate and refresh or replace live goods to ensure all displays have a "WOW" factor.
- Prepare display areas for new products to be stocked from incoming shipments.
- Check all areas for pricing signage, assess watering needs, and check inventory levels.
- Complete the "to be completed" list of follow up tasks for the lawn & garden associates.
- Review with store management any concerns regarding watering issues, current state or quality of the live goods, pricing, displays, etc.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Candidates must be able to kneel, bend, stand for long periods and maneuver a full flower cart (on wheels).
- Must be available Monday through Friday (and weekends during the peak times of the year).
- Must be 18+ years of age or older with a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check and drug screening.