Position - Seasonal Merchandiser II
Kalamazoo Flower Group is seeking Seasonal Merchandisers in the areas of:
IN - Fort Wayne, and Southport
MI - Royal Oak, Caledonia, Grandville, Plainwell, Auburn Hills, Chesterfield, and Clinton Township
This is an hourly paid position at $10/hour.
Seasonal merchandisers are responsible for insuring that the live plant material at store entrances, sidewalks, garden center entrances, garden center patio and parking lot remain well merchandised and looking saleable. Merchandising will focus on spring & summer annuals, bulbs and fall mums.
Seasonal merchandisers work independently, outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions including inclement weather. This is a full time, seasonal position, running April through July. Scheduling is flexible, and based on availability.
Merchandisers in this position may also be invited to join our "Fire Team" to help fill in for other local merchandisers, or offer additional assistance during peak times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess plant quality and displays at store and garden center entrances, end caps and tables.
- Cull, consolidate and refresh or replace live goods to ensure all displays have a "WOW" factor.
- Prepare display areas for new products to be stocked from incoming shipments.
- Check all areas for pricing signage, assess watering needs, and check inventory levels.
- Review with store management any concerns regarding watering issues, current state or quality of the live goods, pricing, displays, etc
- "Fire Team" Only - Travel to a variety of stores in your area (within a 40 mile radius) to assist with merchandising displays.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Candidates must be able to kneel, bend, stand for long periods and maneuver a full flower cart (on wheels).
- Must be available Monday through Friday (and weekends during the peak times of the year).
- Must be 18+ years of age or older with a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check and drug screening.
- "Fire Team" Only - Must provide their own vehicle for reliable transportation from store to store.
To apply, please click on the pdf link to download an application. Be sure to indicate on your application whether you are a new or returning employee.
Email your completed application to: KGSApplications@kvpg.com
Click HERE to view other job postings.