Position - Lead Merchandiser
Kalamazoo Garden Solutions is seeking Lead Merchandisers for the areas of:
OH -Findlay, Ottawa, Tiffin, Mansfield, Bucyrus, Upper Sandusky, Nelsonville, Logan, Athens, Newark, Heath
IN - Fort Wayne, Angola, Portland, Marion, Winchester, Merriville, Plymouth, Laporte, Portage, Greenwood, Madison, Clarksville, Scottsburg
MI - Coldwater, Jonesville, Niles, Benton Harbor, Clinton Twp, Shelby Twp, Rochester, Sterling Heights, Warren, Troy, Roseville
This is an hourly paid position.
Lead merchandisers are responsible for insuring that the live plant material at store entrances, sidewalks, garden center entrances, garden center patio and parking lot remain well merchandised and looking saleable. Almost all of the live plant categories will be merchandised including trees, shrubs, tropicals, indoor foliage, annuals, perennials, landscape bulbs, mums and poinsettias. They will also be managing the seasonal merchandisers working at stores in their area to complete the listed tasks and to insure that the garden center is set up correctly according to the corporate playbook.
Lead merchandisers work independently, outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions including inclement weather. This is a full time, seasonal position, running March through mid-September. Scheduling is flexible, and based on availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess plant quality and displays at store and garden center entrances, end caps and tables.
- Assess garden center patio, parking lot, and program carts to determine what product needs to be pulled for markdown or throw away.
- Cull, consolidate and refresh or replace live goods to ensure all displays have a "WOW" factor.
- Prepare display areas for new products to be stocked from incoming shipments.
- Check all areas for pricing signage, assess watering needs, and check inventory levels.
- Complete the "to be completed" list of follow up tasks for the lawn & garden associates.
- Review with store management any concerns regarding watering issues, current state or quality of the live goods, pricing, displays, etc.
- Travel to a variety of stores in your area to assist with merchandising displays.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Candidates must be able to kneel, bend, stand for long periods and maneuver a full flower cart (on wheels).
- Must be available Monday through Friday (and weekends during the peak times of the year).
- Must be 18+ years of age or older with a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a basic background check and drug screening.
- Must provide their own vehicle for reliable transportation from store to store.